Human is the best capital
+994 12 555 14 41
+994 55 220 08 22
/ SHRM_Society for human resource management
1. Which test most effectively identifies potential high-performing leaders in a collaborative work environment ?
2. Recently, HR has received complaints about the fairness of the CEO's compensation. Which should the HR manager do first to ensure that the executive compensation practices of the company are fair ?
Identify the rewards being offered to incentivize long-term goals.
Confirm the plan is balanced with long-term and short-term incentives.
Determine which objectives are being used to evaluate executives.
Analyze the company culture and compensation structure history.
3. A CEO thinks the best way to make his organization a leading competitor is to merge with a healthcare organization that recently acquired the rights to new technology. Which best describes the degree and timing of the change the CEO is implementing ?
4. Which incentive plan is most likely to cause frustration to higher-performing employees ?
5. Which is the best way to address the lack of diversity within organizational units?
Confirm that recruiters incorporate diversity policy into the recruitment process.
Consult legal to mitigate discrimination claims in hiring.
Implement incentives to employees for candidate referrals.
Develop a diversity initiative with targeted hiring objectives.
6. Which measure shows how much more valuable an organization has become because of its investment in human capital?
Return on investment
Human capital return on investment
Human capital value added
Human economic value added
TEST 7-8 Scenario Background
Scenario Background - A manufacturer has secured a contract from a large hospital to build and supply operating room equipment. The hospital specifies the steps in the manufacturing and quality control processes that it expects, and the manufacturing company has contractually committed to meet these specifications. The production line employees discover that they can skip one of the steps in the quality control process when building respirators without any noticeable change in the final product. The client unknowingly accepts the finished respirators as meeting specifications. During an exit interview, a departing employee reveals to the senior HR director that his entire unit is skipping a critical step in the quality control process for building the respirators. No one in the production’s supervisory line or management is aware this is happening.
7. What is the first thing the HR director should do ?
Confer with counsel's office to determine what information should reported to the hospital.
Review the business case to determine if eliminating this step causes product failure.
Report information to the operations manager to decide how to proceed.
Initiate an investigation to swiftly determine the accuracy of employee's claim.
8. The HR director reviews performance expectations for employees on the production line. She thinks that the employees skipped the quality control step because production goals are unattainable. Which is the best way for the HR director to proceed ?
Hold a town hall meeting so employees can voice their concerns about the high production expectations.
Caution senior management that high production expectations could lead to burnout, turnover, and potential liability.
Work with supervisors to determine improvements that will help employees meet production goals.
Craft a communication for the CEO to send assuring employees that the high production expectations will be re-evaluated.
TEST 9-10_Scenario Background - A year after a premium hotel opened in a medium-sized town, the discount hotel across town is forced to close. Many of their housekeepers and desk attendants get picked up by the premium hotel. A few weeks later, the managers of the hotel notice that the former discount hotel employees are clashing with the other employees. The hotel manager discovers that one of the housekeepers from the affordable motel is allowing family members to stay overnight at the hotel without paying. At the same time, an employee anonymously alleges that the facilities manager does not like the hospitality director and purposely delays and neglects completing room repairs, so they are not available for reservations. Ultimately, this reflects poorly on the hospitality director.
9. After determining the allegations about the facility manager to be true, the HR generalist presents these findings to the HR director. Which is the most effective approach for the HR director to take to address the facilities manager's petty behavior ?
Meet with the facilities manager and hospitality director individually to determine if mediation will solve the problem.
Review the code of conduct to identify consequences associated with the facilities manager's actions.
Write up facilities manager for purposely trying to damage the hospitality director's ability to meet reservation goals.
Suggest the facilities manager and hospitality director resolve their differences under the guidance of their direct supervisors.
10. The hotel manager terminates the housekeeper. The housekeeper then threatens to file a wrong termination claim, stating that she did not know the policies were different from the affordable hotel where she previously worked. What is the first thing the HR manager should do to resolve the wrongful termination claim ?
Provide coaching to the hotel manager on how to operate within the hotel’s organizational policy.
Contact general counsel’s office to find out if the hotel litigates or settles wrongful termination claims.
Reinstate the employee to allow for a thorough investigation to be conducted.
Hold a town hall meeting with all employees to ensure understanding of company policies.
11. A small start-up software company realizes that the technology skillsets of newly hired programmers are more advanced than the existing programmers' skillsets. Recognizing the constant business need for these evolving, state-of-the-art skillsets, which is the best workforce development strategy to implement ?
Design a rigorous in-house training program to get longer-tenured programmers up to speed with the newer programmers.
Perform a job redesign for the existing employees that will not require new, updated skills.
Partner with a local community college to offer programmers the opportunity to update their skillsets.
Offer new hires shorter-term contracts to allow for a continual hiring of programmers with the most up-to-date skills.
12. Which hands-on training method best allows an onboarding manufacturing employee to practice his job in a risk-free setting ?
13. An HR manager has been asked to design a training program for the company. Which HR metric should be considered first in designing the program ?
Performance quality of one-year employees
Average tenure of employees
Percentage of employees with a career plan
Total costs for training
14. After determining the allegations about the facility manager to be true, the HR generalist presents these findings to the HR director. Which is the most effective approach for the HR director to take to address the facilities manager's petty behavior ?
15. An HR director believes it is important that managers take more responsibility for performance appraisals. Which responsibility should the HR director assign specifically to the managers ?
Identify development areas
Design appraisal system
Track timely receipt of appraisals
Train staff to use performance system
16. Which is a significant benefit of recruiting from internal sources ?
Minimizes inflated expectations about the job
Provides a continuous pool of applicants
Employees will all be of the existing mindset
Innovation increases with each infusion of new talent
17-18 TEST_Scenario Background - A company determines they will close their secondary manufacturing unit to move the operation to the business headquarters. They determined 70 new positions will need to be filled to support this effort. The CEO wants the transition to take place over a three-month period.
17. The CEO asked the HR director to support this new staffing need. Which is the best action for HR to take first to begin supporting this initiative ?
Identify a recruiting firm to attract talent to fill the new positions.
Survey employees to gauge interest in relocating to company headquarters.
Review job descriptions and total rewards structure to align them with staffing goals.
Identify employees unwilling to relocate so they can convey historical knowledge to new hires.
18. A month after the move, many of the relocated staff threaten to quit. HR conducts a survey and discovers three main causes of dissatisfaction: higher cost of living, unaffordable housing, and low-rated schools. Which is the best course of action for HR to endorse to leadership to prevent departures ?
Create a program for leadership to provide resources to assist staff.
Reveal the long-term growth strategy to promote staff buy-in.
Recommend leadership to focus on the biggest obstacle to retention.
Advise leadership to offer incentives to retain high-performing staff.
19-20 TEST_Scenario Background - In the past two years, a company has been acquired by two different organizations. Each acquisition resulted in multiple layoffs; one even included the CEO being terminated. For a while, the morale of the remaining employees was very low because they had worked with some of the laid-off employees for years. To help increase morale the company re-evaluated their total rewards structure to be more beneficial to all employees.
19. Many employees suffer anxiety because of the increased workload and the fact their long-time friends are gone while they remain. Which is the most important first step for the HR director to take to mitigate the effects of survivor syndrome being experienced by remaining employees ?
Offer one-to-one career coaching so employees can manage increased workload.
Communicate with employees to acknowledge that management is aware employees are struggling and intends to help.
Invite a representative of the employee assistance program (EAP) to a town hall meeting to review EAP benefits for all employees.
Encourage department heads to actively increase individual recognition of employee contributions to the business.
20. The VP of research and development asks for HR’s help resolving pay discrepancies, discovered during due diligence, among the senior engineers. The staff has been discussing this frequently and it is now affecting the team. Which is the best way for HR to reassure the employees ?
Promise employees that everyone will be compensated fairly and equitably within 90 days.
Analyze the competitive market, related compensation philosophies and strategy to implement a new pay program.
Tell the company to adopt the higher of the two salary structures then adjust everyone's salary based on experience, education, and work assignments.
Make a commitment that a comprehensive review of pertinent issues will be swiftly concluded.
© 2021 BÜTÜN HÜQUQLARI QORUNUR.